Fung Auditorium (PFBH 191)
Zweifach Library (PFBH 489)
Large Conference Rooms (PFBH 291, 391)
Small Conference Room (PFBH 226)
Currently, due to campus covid restrictions, PFBH is not available for after hours reservations in the building. Any reservations are subject to requesters confirming approval of "event" types per the current guidelines, see definitions of "events", and see business meeting guidelines under Campus Safety. Event approval documentation should be sent to email@example.com.
edu with the reservation request. Any event reservations requested and reserved in any of our facilities for dates after 10/31/2021 will be temporarily approved pending further campus guidelines.
ucsd.edu for any questions regarding reservations and current guidelines.
- The Large and Small Conference Rooms should be used only for meetings unless specifically approved for other appropriate functions. The Fung Auditorium and Zweifach Library can be reserved for lectures and special events. Those interested in using the Fung Auditorium or Zweifach Library should contact the Department of Bioengineering. Most meetings, e.g., lab group meetings, should use a Large or Small Conference Room. The meeting rooms can only be used for classes, sections or office hours with special permission of the department.
- Food and drink are currently not allowed in any of our conference rooms per the current COVID restrictions.
- Audio-Visual equipment of the Department of Bioengineering is available in some conference rooms. There is a fee to use the Fung Auditorium unless waived by the department.
- Conference rooms are normally unlocked. The person for whom a conference room is reserved has priority and has the right to tell any persons they find using the room to leave.
- After use, a conference room should be left in the original seating arrangement (tables placed together and chairs around the table), all lights should be turned off.
- Reservations of activities in the Department of Bioengineering, Institute of Engineering in Medicine and JSOE Dean's Office will take priority over reservations from other sources. In extreme emergencies for special high-priority events, reservations may be bumped or moved to another location, and the contact person will be notified. Everyone, within or outside of these organizations, should be aware of this policy.
- All conference room users will need to accept these policies as conditions for reserving and using the rooms and are expected to be held accountable for any necessary cleaning and/or repair to the conference rooms or equipment in the conference rooms incurred during use. Conference room users should report immediately to the Department of Bioengineering (PFBH room 125, tel. 534-3707) any damage, missing equipment, or unkempt state found upon entering the room.
- Exceptions to these policies made by granted by the Department of Bioengineering MSO or Chair. The only exception is that the small conference room can be used for TA office hours.